Friday, 12 June 2009

Evening with the Stars.

Wednesday evening I took a little trip into the city of London. A friend of mine had tickets for The Calendar Girls and the person she was going with had to drop out. Hence I step up and solve the dreadful dilemma she had.

It was a special charity showing, so prior to the show a select group had a champagne reception with Alistair Campbell and the orginal Calendar girls. We also got amazing goody bags packed full of cool stuff. Then before the show started AC (as I now like to call him, after he introduced me to his mother - no seriously!!) he interviewed the original girls and they were hilarious.

The show itself was awesome with a top cast including Linda Bellamy, Patricia Hodge and Gaynor Faye amongst others. Had some good food and negotiated the buses (due to tube strike). Good evening was had.

This week has been pretty good in general, looking forward to finishing work in 2 hours and enjoying the weekend. Hope you have a good one!

2 comments:

Sarah D said...

AWESOME... I'd love to see the show... it's worth it then?! x

Rebekah Green said...

Defo - it's really good.