Tuesday, 23 February 2010

Can't sleep, clowns will eat me

The last couple of days I've been thinking about Fear. I heard this quote over the weekend which got me started:

"If you're not scared, you're not paying attention."

I've been trying to figure out the difference between fear and worry.
The difference I see is that worry is more of a lingering thought over a fear, often irrational.

I am not one to worry about things, infact I think I may be broken as I really don't worry about anything but that doesn't mean I don't have fears. I fear being alone, I fear missing out on what God has planned for me, I fear the death of family.

God tells us not to worry in Philippians 4:6 but fear on the otherhand is encouraged. The fear of God is mentioned 89 times in the Bible. I'm not really sure where I'm going with this but it's all random thoughts going on in my head this week.

I guess I've been asking myself these questions - what fears do I have that are good and helpful? What fears could cause me to worry and need handing over to God?
This is a work in progress.

No comments: