I can hear the wind blowing and rustling my magazine sat on the table. I hear Dan and Jen's windchimes moving musically. The boy next door announcing to his mum that he is home and then talking to their oversized dog called Daisy, who really doesn't look like a Daisy!
I hear another neighbour unlocking his garage door. The faint drone of traffic on the A14. People getting into their cars. The chicken scrounging for worms. Sam next door bouncing on his trampoline. Walter shouting to Margaret that it's time to leave. A bird tweeting away on top of the roof. A lawn mower. A helicoptor. And then I get a text message.
I hear life.
I wished for silence in order to hear God but then it occurred to me God was in the noise. I can hear creation, humans made in his image, relationships, friendships and fun.
I hear life. I hear God.
No comments:
Post a Comment