Monday, 10 August 2009

Caterpillars

I HATE Caterpillars! 
Ever since I can remember i've not liked these weird creatures. They're ugly, small, hairy and has anyone else noticed they give off a weird smell? Ok maybe it's just be who's weird by smelling insects, so trust me, they stink. 

On Saturday I was grabbing a precious moment reading my book in the garden, when a slimy weird green creature crawled it's way into sight. It got me thinking about Caterpillars and my dislike for them. Then I noticed a beautiful white butterfly drift overhead and do a delicate dance. Isn't it amazing how something so ugly can turn into such beauty? 

It got me thinking about how I view people. It's very easy to take a dislike to people because of things they've done to disappoint, things they've not done, glaring character flaws, the way they look and even the way they smell! But what we don't do, is see them for what they may become. The person God intended them to be. A beauty. 

I was quite tempted to kill the caterpillar on my garden table (please don't hate me!), but what a waste that would have been. How many people have I given up on because I've not seen the potential beauty in their life? 

So there we have it, God's used some weird and crazy insect to speak to me. And guess what I don't hate Caterpillars quite so much anymore. 

 

No comments: