Tuesday, 5 May 2009

How to have an awesome day for £10 (including food!)

Yesterday dear readers as many of you will know was a bank holiday here in the UK.
I had a fab day.

It started with a lazy morning, lie-in etc. Then I went to Mendlesham Street Fair with some great friends. Now this was my first experience of the famous street fair. Entry was £2.50 (note first spend of the day), there was some funky stalls and displays going on including the Haughley Hoofers (Morris Dancers!). I then consumed some hog roast at £3.00, which to be honest was overpriced. After some more wandering time we headed back to the home of the Durrants and went for a mammouth walk. We're talking a good 2 hour job with walking boots and a Kagool!

Following this we ordered a chinese (cost £6.00 per head!) and watched a film, Into The Wild. Random but good film about travel, free living and self discovery.
Went home tired but happy.

Sunday was also pretty swell as I saw my friends Nic, Gav and their adorable twins who live in Belfast and who have spent the last year in Austrailia. Was really nice to catch up and realised I still miss them.
What did you do with your bank holiday?

No comments: