Tuesday, 28 April 2009

You can't beat me

Well the last few days have been random indeed. If coping with best friends leaving wasn't enough, my mum had a suspected heart attack yesterday. Crazy.

On Sunday at 242 we were looking at Job's life. Now i'm not saying i've been through anything like what Job had to go through but I think i've had my fair amount of suffering in the last 18 months. The cool thing is that in many ways the last 18 months have been awesome - well maybe the last 9 or so and that is only because of God's restoring grace, mighty power and gracious love.

Yesterday my Dad text me a reminder of my Baptism verses - Isaiah 41:13&18, a promise I am holding on to and hopefully living out.

For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. I will make rivers flow on barren heights, and springs within the valleys. I will turn the desert into pools of water, and the parched ground into springs.

1 comment:

Russ said...

Just discovered your blog. Love it! Glad Dan and Jen had a proper friend to take them to the airport. I wish I had been there too - but then I spend to long thinking about doing great stuff and not actually getting off my BEhind and doing it!! Just wanted to say in this semi-public forum, that you are someone I greatly look up to. Pray we might get to work together again someday! Blessings to you. Love Russ