Tuesday, 24 March 2009

Jetlag Over

Sorry i've not posted properly since my return. I could blame Jet lag but the truth is I have been extremely busy. 
Thought I better fill you in on Denver whilst it's still fresh in my head....

We did a whole variety of different things which included outreach to the street kids (serving them coffee), afternoons in an art studio where the street kids can come and be creative, time in a nursery, sorting food at a food bank, painting, early morning bible studies, cooking and a lot of chatting with people. 

It was an awesome 10 days and although I had been last year it was still a totally challenging, humbling and thought provoking experience. One of things that I totally admired and have taken away is how that everything the ministry over there does is steeped in bible study and prayer and I don't do that enough in my own life. God also challenged me about judging other people and how I treat others. 

It was tough to come home and I could have easily stayed! I think I left some of my heart in Denver and plan to catch up with it in October when i'm visiting again. Bring it on! 


No comments: