Wednesday, 28 January 2009

Getting back my Va Va Voom

If you read this dribble regularly you'll remember a previous depressing entry where I had no motivation.....

Motivation has officially returned!! 
I have a had a very challenging week - mainly with work but it has made me realise why I do the Job I do. 

It is a great and true privilege when a young person trusts you enough to share the horrible parts of their life and looks to you for a tiny glimmer of hope to their horrid situations. I hate seeing families torn apart, children being abused, lives addicted to substance, loneliness, homelessness and unemployment but I know God has called me to work amongst this and I know that God works through this. I just hope I can worship God in my work in the way he deserves. 

So although this week so far has been hard, it's been great as it has totally refocused me. (I'm even planning on doing some of my NVQ, and if anyone knew how long it's taken me, you'd be impressed!).

The other greatness of today - David introduced me to the amazing voice of William Fitzsimmons. His voice in enchanting and captivating and I am totally hooked. Check out his song 'After Afterall' either on Dave's blog or Youtube. I challenge you not to be mesmerized! 

No comments: