Sunday, 30 November 2008

So called Ordination

This morning in our youth congregation at church I was asked 'What is the thing you would most argue for/defend?'. Good question don't you think? I didn't really have an answer. Others came up with the fact that Ruth shouldn't have gone from X Factor. 

In two weeks time it is the birthday of a very good friend of mine, Hannah. We always joke that she should be a vicar as she knows a lot about the Bible and Christianity and stuff but doesn't have a relationship with Jesus (yet!). So for her birthday I thought it would be rather amusing to make her a vicar on one of these awful American websites. So I have been doing my research and these websites are terrible. Like, really terrible. One of them which I wont name said this 'We are all children of the same universe' underneath every religious symbol possible. Further down the page it states their mission statement.....

We ordain persons who are totally non-religious or even anti-religious. This may seem contradictory, but we are looking to change negative perception of religion by encouraging people to fearlessly state their personal religious beliefs. The Universal Life Church seeks to fulfill the spiritual needs of as many different groups as we can by offering a wide variety of services and information.

I have now found the thing that I would argue and defend today. These people are serving Satan. That may seem a little harsh but it's true. For information I will now not be making Hannah, Rev. Hannah as will not support this obscene so called church!! Also for info the website is www.themonastery.org. If there are any geeky techy people out there who can close down websites - go ahead!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WORD!