I have always loved London but every time I visit, I desire it a little more.
Was lovely to catch up with my good friends Kate and Gav. We went to Camden market, shopped on Tottenham Court Road and then had a lovely meal in the evening. I was a little disappointed that they hadn't arranged tickets for the Bafta's but hey you can't have everything! We did manage to spend an hour and a half in Paperchase though.
This morning I went to Kate's Church. It really is 'Kate's Church' as she actually lives in the church building - it is very funky! CofE semi-traditional services I am not used to but I do like a bit of liturgy every now and again. One thing I do not do well and never have, is Female Preachers! I just don't get it. I am against female leaders. There i've said it.
I now await the barrel of abuse about how women fought for the vote...blah blah blah.
An elder must be blameless, the husband of but one wife, a man whose children believe and are not open to the charge of being wild and disobedient. Since an overseer is entrusted with God's work, he must be blameless—not overbearing, not quick-tempered, not given to drunkenness, not violent, not pursuing dishonest gain. Rather he must be hospitable, one who loves what is good, who is self-controlled, upright, holy and disciplined. He must hold firmly to the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that he can encourage others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it. Titus 1:6-9
Is that clear enough? I am not saying there aren't some good female leaders out there (there are maybe 2!), I just think to be a great leader you need to be of the male variety. I believe God gave the different sexes unique skills and abilities and church leadership is one for the guys!
2 comments:
I totally agree...however I think you have to be careful with your choice of words!!! Are you really against female leaders....of all varieties....? Women who lead kids work, youth work, small groups, worship etc...all exercise a leadership gifting and there's no where in the bible it says women aren't able to receive the spiritual gift of leadership.
In New Frontiers it's easier to specify because the men who lead the church are called 'elders' so I can say easily 'I don't believe women can be elders, but they can take a lead role in areas of church life....'
It gets tricky when people who have the ultimate lead role in a church have different names...so 'leader' 'vicar' 'pastor' etc.....
So to summarise...I AGREE but think you've got to be careful with the language you use.....
oh....what a serious comment!!
SD x
I concur. I have no issue with women leading in other areas and I agree maybe i should reword how i put it.
Post a Comment